The Council’s draft Ōtautahi Christchurch Community Strategy is an update to the Strengthening Communities Strategy that was launched in 2007.
The strategy has been refreshed, and in the Council’s words: “…is central to achieving our overall strategic priorities, with an emphasis on enabling active and connected communities to own their future. The Strategy works to achieve the community outcome of Resilient Communities, specifically:
- a strong sense of community
- active participation in civic life
- safe and healthy communities
- celebration of our identity through arts, culture, heritage, sports and recreation
- valuing the voices of all (including children).”
Click through for more information on the strategy, the Council’s consultation document, details of drop-in information sessions, and an online feedback form. Consultation closes on 25 October 2021.