The Christchurch Northern Community Market will be on this Saturday 2 July from 9am to 2pm at the Redwood Hotel, 340 Main North Road. See the market’s Facebook page or northerncommunitymarket.co.nz for more information.
This Saturday 2 July from 10am to 1:30pm there’ll be a working bee to prepare the site of the new Mairehau Neighbourhood Garden. The garden aims to support the local community by teaching self-sufficiency through growing vegetables and providing a place to connect with others. See the Facebook event for details.
The Council’s second and final candidate information session is at 6pm this Thursday 30 June. This is an opportunity to hear from the Council’s Chief Executive and Electoral Officer to learn about what’s involved with representing your community and the local elections process.
Is there a local issue, activity or project that you would like to speak directly to the Waipapa/Papanui-Innes Community Board about? The Board will hold an open forum this Friday 1 July at 9:30am, in the Papanui Boardroom. This is a 30 minute session where members of the public can speak to the Board either in person or via Zoom.
To arrange speak at the forum please contact the Board’s advisor (details in image or at this link: https://christchurch.infocouncil.biz/Open/2022/07/OF-PC_20220701_AGN_8139_AT.PDF).
Bird feeders and bird houses are being sold by the Papanui High School Kimi Ora Department. This this post for more information:
Wild bird feeders for sale. If you would like to purchase one please comment below. Cup and saucers $10. Wooden bird feeders $20. Both come with some seed to get you started. Made by Anton, Jasmine, Alex, Matthew, Brynn, William and Piper.
Coming soon to the corner of QEII Drive and Main North Road: signage on the fence shows that 28 homes are set to be built on the currently-vacant site.
A green light for traffic signals at the Langdons/Greers intersection: the Christchurch City Council has finalised its budget for the coming year. Mike Davidson – Councillor for Papanui has confirmed that this includes provision for signalisation of the Langdons/Greers intersection. The exact timing of construction is yet to be confirmed, but is likely to be around 2024.
For more on the Council’s annual plan see: https://newsline.ccc.govt.nz/news/story/christchurch-city-council-finalises-1-27-billion-budget
On Friday 17 June, the Waipapa/Papanui-Innes Community Board:
- received three deputations on the Papanui slow speed neighbourhood and one on the Shirley Community Reserve;
- supported the Papanui slow speed neighbourhood, with some additional changes and with the final decision to be made by the Council;
- approved the granting of a lease to the Styx Living Laboratory Trust;
- approved P10 and No Stopping restrictions on Cranford Street;
- received a transport update regarding Langdons Road;
- approved grants from the Board’s Discretionary Response Fund and Positive Youth Development Fund;
- and received an area report on issues and initiatives within the Board area.
The Board will next meet on Friday 15 July. Click through to read the full minutes:
The Waipapa/Papanui-Innes Community Board will meet at 9:30am tomorrow Friday 17 June in the Papanui Boardroom.
The agenda includes:
- public forum & deputations;
- proposed speed reductions in the Papanui area (pic);
- a proposed property lease to the Styx Living Laboratory Trust;
- stopping restrictions for Cranford Street near McFaddens Road;
- a transport update regarding Langdons Road;
- applications to the Board’s Discretionary Response Fund and Positive Youth Development Fund;
- and an Area Report on initiatives and issues within the Board area.
The meeting will be open for the public to attend and will also be streamed on the Board’s YouTube channel and Facebook page. Click through to read the full agenda: