In this week’s Nor’West News, Waipapa/Papanui-Innes Community Board Chair notes that construction work downstream of the Northern Corridor motorway, and on Main North Rd near Northlands, are coming to an end. She also notes that the Board is responding to concerns relating to increased traffic on Langdons Road, and encourages readers to get in touch with the Board if they have any issues. You can read the full digital edition of the paper at: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/64114773/norwest-news-september-10-2020
The submissions committee of the Waipapa/Papanui-Innes Community Board will meet this Friday 11 September at 10:30am in the Papanui boardroom. The committee will consider feedback on the Council’s consultation on the Strengthening Communities Strategy. The meeting is open for the public to attend. Click through for more information on the revamp of the Strategy: https://ccc.govt.nz/the-council/consultations-and-submissions/haveyoursay/show/324
Construction of the bus priority project on Main North Road is nearing completion. Works taking place over the next few weeks are:
– Resurfacing the road at the Countdown entrance to Northlands.
– Resurfacing the road shoulder on the western side of Main North Road.
– Installing a median island near Grassmere Street.
– Surfacing footpaths, planting of gardens and trees.
Next Sunday 13 September there’ll be a ‘have a go’ open day at the Morrison Ave Bowling Club from 1pm to 4pm. Bowls, coaching, and a free sausage sizzle will be on offer – all you need to do is turn up wearing flat-soled shoes. See the club’s website for more info:
The Prestons Road bridge over the Christchurch Northern Corridor has reopened to two-way traffic. The westbound detour had been intended to only be in place until mid July but the project ran into winter weather delays following COVID impacts on the schedule. Image credit: CNC Alliance.
The former Loreto College site in Windermere Road is now home to Papanui youth and community organisation Te Ora Hou Ōtautahi. This week’s Nor’West News has an update on work underway to upgrade facilities. You can find the full digital edition of the paper at:
The agenda includes:
- a report on road/pedestrian safety in the Northcote area;
- establishment of a Positive Youth Development Fund for the financial year, and allocation of funds for Summer With Your Neighbours events;
- a Youth Development Fund application;
- and an area report on initiatives and issues current within the Community Board area.
The meeting is open for the public to attend. Click through to read the full agenda: https://christchurch.infocouncil.biz/Open/2020/09/PICB_20200904_AGN_4520_AT_WEB.htm
At the 21 August meeting, the Waipapa/Papanui-Innes Community Board:
- recommended the revocation of Reserve status of land associated with the St Albans Community Centre;
- received a report on the stop control at the Westminster/Hills intersection;
- approved changes to a taxi stand on Edgeware Rd;
- approved grants from the Board’s Strengthening Communities Fund; and
- approved grants to the Richmond Residents & Business Association and St Albans School.
The Board will next meet on Friday 4 September. Click through to read the full minutes:
The latest newsletter from the Waipapa/